The actual Federal Register publication can be viewed here.
On January 27, 2020, the Federal Highway Administration approved the Draft TIS SEIS.
The Federal Highway Administration published a Notice of Public Availability of the Draft SEIS in the Federal Register on February 7, 2020. The 45-day comment period on the Draft SEIS closed on March 23, 2020.
The schedule for this phase of the project is shown in the graphic below.
Cooperating and Participating Agencies:
- National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) – (Accepted Invitation)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) – (Declined Invitation)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – (Accepted Invitation)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) – (Accepted Invitation)
- State Historic Preservation Officer (SHPO) – (Accepted Invitation)
- National Park Service (NPS) – (Accepted Invitation)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – (Accepted Invitation)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) – (Accepted Invitation)
Invited to be Cooperating
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) – (Chose to be a cooperating agency)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACOE) – (Chose to be a participating agency)
Project Coordination and Public Involvement Plan
A Project Coordination and Public Involvement Plan has been developed for this Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement/Section 4(f) Evaluation. The document prepared September 2017 can be accessed by following this link.
Purpose and Need
A Purpose and Need document drafted September 2017 is available for review and comment for this Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement/Section 4(f) Evaluation. The document can be accessed by following this link. Comments on this document should be sent to the project contacts listed below.
The project team is developing additional information concerning this project and the Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement/Section 4(f) Evaluation process. That information will be posted on this website as it is developed.
For Further Information Contact:
Luis D. López-Rivera, P.E., Senior Environmental Specialist and Interim Planning Program Manager
Federal Highway Administration
400 W. Washington Street | Suite 4200
Orlando, FL 32801
Telephone: (407) 867-6420
You may also contact:
Kirk Bogen, Project Manager
Florida Department of Transportation District 7
11201 North McKinley Drive
Tampa, Florida 33612
Telephone: (813) 975-6448
(Menna Yassin who was listed in the Notice of Intent is no longer the project contact for the Florida Department of Transportation.)